Monday, May 4, 2009

When you take care of God's business,He takes care of yours!

I remember when I was 14 years old, and I was a part of this prayer group in Sibiu, my hometown. It was so wonderful to go and be able to share God and to fellowship with my brothers and sisters. That was the first day when God really placed such a desire in my heart to pray for a husband. Yeah right, God! Im 14, there's no need for me to pray for that, not yet...

(thats what I was thinking). I find myself crying and asking God to protect my husband wherever he is and to watch over him, even though I have no clue who he is. So that was one of my main things that I really seeked God's will for. I never had a boyfriend, because I was always just scared of giving away my first kiss, my first hug, my first in everything, and I decided that I will just let God take control of it, and I will wait for the appointed time.

Its was hard to go to highschool and not have a boyfriend when everyone else does....it just feels weird to be the one that no one likes to hang out with. I was the one always left behind, the one that no one really liked talking to. I had so much in me to give, I had so much to say, but I just probably wasn't cool enough.Oh well....

All my way through high school I worked in the villages with children, twice a week. The ministry I worked with its' called "Touching lives for Jesus". I loved beeing able to minister to those kids that no one pays to much attention to. I loved beeing the one to bring the good news to them. They were such a joy to my heart, a joy like no other. I had such a great purpouse every day. I couldn't wait to share more of the Gospel with them, I couldn't wait to go every Wednesday and teach them something new.Every Sunday we were having so much fun reading in the word and learning new songs. I could read the hunger for GOD in their little eyes, the way they were learing and the passion they had for our Saviour was just taking me to a new level in Christ each and every day. I forgot all about having a boyfriend or beeing the coolest girl in highschool. You might wonder what is the reason of bringing this up so much, but you will see later on the story.

I started working in the villages in 2001 and my classes were always having over 30 children. That was and will always be part of my life.

It was a late saturday night , December 2004 when I received a phone call from the administrator of the ministry in Romania, and I was asked to translate for an american pastor and his friend on Sunday morning. I didnt expect that phone call at all, not at 11PM. I felt like I really had to do it. It wasn't my first time translating, I was actually pretty comfortable at going in the village curches and preaching, so I said YES, without thinking about it to much. I just felt like something was going to happen. What? I had no clue.

Here we are, my friend picks me up early Sunday morning and on the way to the hotel to pick up the pastor and his friend, he tells me that we might split in two teams, so we can preach in more than one church in that day, and I was ok with that. Here we are, waiting inside the hotel to meet the guest, when the biggest guy I have ever met in my life walks towards us, accompained by a lot smaller guy who appears to be the big guy's pastor. This handsome boy was around 29 years old, 6'4"...and no one ever made me feel so small in my life. I was introduced to him and the first thing that goes through my mind is" his wife must be very lucky because this is the type of man I want to marry" I loved everything about this guy. The size, the way he looked at me, the way he talked, the passion he had for my GOD,everything about him was perfect. He must be married, or he must have a girlfriend kept going through my mind.... We started talking and sharing stories about all kinds of things that I don't even remember because I was to preocupied with wondering if there will ever be someone like him set aside for me.... This was MR. RIGHT in my eyes...but I could only dare thinking about it....

Anyways, our first service, here we are in the front of the church. It was such a special time. A very little church in a very small village in Romania. Not a lot of people but a lot of God filling every empty spot. It was such an anointing all over that place. After we were done preaching, he wants to pray for the sick, and i felt like GOD was telling me to go and lay hands with him and pray with him as well. So there I go, right besides him praying for the sick, tears rolling down my cheek because people were accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour, and people were praying for their lost families, it was so touching. Everything felt so right. This man besides me had a heart and passion for the same thing I did. He loves God just as much as I do, Jesus, this feels so right,being here with this man, praying with your people. It was one of those night I will never forget. I find myself opening my eyes and Jayme was starring at me. For a second we made eye contact and something just felt very weird. The service is over, we go outside and fellowship with people for a little while longer and he askes me:Did God tell you anything? and I go...no, was He supposed to say something? That question made me very confused. I had no clue what he ment by that....and he just simply tells me :oh, don't worry He will tell you!"

Hmm...that night there was no way i could fall asleep. I was thinking and wondering if there was anything that I said or did wrong....that God was gonna tell me about...but its sounded too weird, it can't be that, must be something else...SO, i started praying. I felt such a burden to pray that God will reveal the face of the man that I am going to marry. I totally told God, that I want to see the man that I will spend the rest of my life with. I dont care if I know him or not, I am ready to have the answer of my long time prayer. I was 17 and i felt like I am ready to know. I felt asleep in my God;s presence and I felt the warmth He surrounded me with.

Monday morning 3:25 am...yeah, you got it right. I wake up all of a sudden, very scared, I had all the reasons, because JAYME was sitting on my bed, holding my feet, and watching over me while sleeping!!!! THERE IS NO WAY I will get out of this alive. If my mom knows that this guy is in my house at 3 am, she will totally kill me. I get up...walk in the kitchen, get a cup of water, and freaked out, I walk back in my room, to have this guy leave the house, before I get in a WHOLE LOTTTTT OF TROUBLE. I walk back in...guess what? There was no one there. It was just God waiting to talk to me. It was so clear when He told me "That is the man I have for you, my daughter"....I knew it. That was it. The answer to my prayers was here. This guy that I knew it had something special....Mr. RIGHT was only a couple of miles away from me this time, but still so far away...NOW WHAT !GOD? ! Am i gonna go tell him that... what!? Im supposed to be His wife!? That I want him to marry me!? I wouldn't do that...never will I go tell a guy I like him! PERIOD! Once again here I am, having to ask God to fix that little issue, but He already knew I was gonna ask, because He knew me before I was eve born. He had all this planned out.

Monday , I get a phone call from JAYME, and he asked me if I want to go to dinner.I asked permission from my mom, and I told him that i will go. It was one of those perfect winter days. It was snowing so calm, and everything seemed to be part of a fairy tale. I knew that God has a sense of humor, but I never knew He was so funny. So now I knew that i am supposed to tell this guy about my dream.What if he is married? What if i was wrong? What if ...what if....what if? I was not going to bring the subject up no matter what, when all of a sudden, Jayme askes me if I want to know what happened that Sunday and why he asked me if God told me anything. YEAH I WANNA KNOW!!

-Well God told me that you will be my wife!

WHAT?!?!?!?! me what? Are you sure? Because the night before God told me that I will be your wife and you will be my husband.....is it true that God just told both of us that we are ment to be together?


Yeah, that is how it happened. That Sunday in the church when we made eye contact was when God told jayme: thats the wife you've been praying to meet at the altar! There she is at the altar, that will be your wife!


Isn't God an awesome God? When the Bible says that He knows us before we were even born, how awesome and true is that. What a plan He had for our lifes! Jayme and I have been happily married for 2 years, and we are looking forward for the next 98 together. I just thought I would share the great story about how I met my husband. I might not be the best writer in the World, but I am going to start blogging about every miracle that God did in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment