Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When I left Romania for the first time






I could never really believe that my entire life will fit in two luggages and a carry-on, but somehow it did. I left Romania and my entire childhood with it. My family and friends, now they were all behind. It was hard for a moment, but I knew that I was going to start a new life with my husband. It was my first time traveling by myself and it was very scary. I never thought that I can do it on my own. I prayed and prayed that God will guide my steps through the airport and help me know where I am going. As silly as it sounds I have never flew before, i have never been out of my country before, and all of a sudden I have to take my ticket and leave. I also knew that my mom will be there for me in prayer. She is always praying. There is not one thing in life that she is not puting it before God, and i knew that I was protected because my mom was on her knees, praying for her daughter. Here I am, the last time I will see my sister and mom for who knows how long.....I check in and I have to go to the gate. Tears were rolling down my face, and my heart felt like it was shrinking. I was all alone but yet God was holding my hand. I take a sit, not knowing whats going on or where I should go, and this girl starts talking to me. She was a total stranger, but I felt like I knew her for the longest time. We talked and talked, and realised that from my hometown, we were going to fly together to Germany, on the same plane and then from there she would take another flight to another state, but she made sure I know that i don;t have to worry about where to go and what to do, she flew before. Thanks mom, God already took me in His arms....but what will I do after that? How will I know where to go from there? I knew that i had to go through immigration and then find my luggage and then find my way out....but that seemed to overwhelm me. Fear took over me once again. We arrive in Germany and we have to split up. I needed to head my way and that girl nedeed to chatch her flight as well. Total oposit directions. Here we go Lord.....where to now? I finally found my way, I get in the plane and sit down, hoping that God will show mercy ONCE AGAIN. This very tall guy comes towards me, and sits down. We started talking and talking and for at least 10 hours straight this guys talked and talked and talked. Was I happy? Not really because I wanted to sleep...I was tired. But then again, it just felt so right, it just felt like he is send from God to help me to my next stop. When we landed he told me that he will help me get around the airport, and I imediately took him up on that one. Thank you very much, i will definetly appreciate that sir!



We go in the immigration office, he leaves after about 5 minutes, and I was next at the interview. The immigration officer took my papers and I promise you it took around 1 1/2 to get a response. I did not even have a chance to say goodbye or thank this nice gentleman. After I was done it was very close to 2 hours, and I was so scared to even get out of that office, because I had no clue where to go next. I open the door and the same guy that talked to me for 10 hours was waiting patiently at the door. I could not believe my eyes, for a little bit i thought I was day dreaming. He waited there for me so he can help me with my luggage. Why would someone in the whole entire wide world....would do that? I will always rememeber that.IT was so GOD!!! He helps me with my luggage and takes me to the door where Jayme was waiting. Jayme thought I never made it, after waiting 2 extra hours. The guy disapears and I have no clue where he went, i just know that all this time it was GOD that carried me. When I tought i only see a set of footsteps God didnt leave me, HE took me in His arms and carried me! Thank You Jesus, I knew that you will always be there for me!




This was me, my sister and my mom the night I left

My mom and grandma. She passed away in 2008
and it was one of the hardest thing
not to be able to see her one last time

No comments:

Post a Comment